Funding Agency: Government of Nepal
Client:Upper Arun Hydroelectric Project, Engineering Services Directorate, NEA, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu
Date: February 2018 – May 2023
The main features of the project are:
- 24 KM long access road that starts from Gola (proposed powerhouse site of UAHEP, near Barun Bazar)to Chepuwa (proposed dam site of UAHEP)including about 7 km long road tunnel,
- 4 KM long access road to IKHPP joining the nearest point of Koshi Highway which is under construction by GoN to the proposed road bridge over Arun River
- Two bridges over Arun River (one at Gola for UAHEP and another at Uwa Gaun for IKHPP) from the nearest point of Koshi Highway which is under construction by GoN and other civil works.
The Objective of the consulting services is to assist Nepal Electricity Authority to implement the project as follows:
- To carry out Detailed Engineering Design of the project access road, road tunnel, permanent road bridges and other related works, prepare detail cost estimate, prepare tender documents and drawings, and assist Employer in the bidding process. The access road, bridges and the road tunnel should meet the requirements for the construction of 335 MW to 700 MW hydroelectric projects. The geometry of the road, size / geometry of tunnel and bridges capacity shall meet these requirements.
- Ensure high standards of quality assurance in the execution of works and completion of works within stipulated time limit.
- Comprehensive supervision of project construction activities carried out by the Contractor(s) to ensure complete compliance with the drawings, technical specifications and various stipulations contained in the Contract Documents.
- Efficient construction supervision by personnel who are experienced in modern methods of contract management.
Actual services provided by the firm within the assignment:
The scopes of the consulting services will include, but not limited to following:
The scope of work of consulting services will include, but not limited to following:
A. Phase I – Detailed Engineering Design Phase
The Consultant shall perform, but not limited to the services as stated below:
- Walkover Survey
- Detailed Survey and Investigations of Roads
- Detailed Survey and Investigation Works for Permanent Road Bridges
- Detailed Survey and Investigation Works for Road Tunnel
- Detailed Engineering Design
- Construction Planning
- Cost Estimation & Lot Splitting
- Final Detailed Engineering Design Report
- Preparation of Tender Documents, Tender Drawings & Lot Splitting
- Transition Phase (Interface Period) – Assist NEA for technical evaluation of bids and contract negotiationPhase II – Construction Supervision Phase
The scope of consulting services for the Construction Supervision and Contract Management (Phase II) for the construction of the access road to UAHEP and portion of access road of IKHPP joining the Koshi Highway and Proposed Road Bridge over Arun River to be provided by the consultant shall comprise but not limited of following tasks:
- Construction Supervision & Contract Management
Completion of the Construction Works / Defects Liability Period (DLP)