Funding Agency: Government of Nepal
Client: Department of Roads, Nepal
Date: Sep 2016 – April 2017
The objective of the consultancy work is:
- To carry out Detailed Engineering Survey, Design and Report preparation of Roads of (i) Manakamana Phikhuri satdobato Kaule Bhalche Saalma Road, Nuwakot (33.14 Km), (ii) Tansen Ringroad – Barangdi – Khanigaun – Dailatum, Syangja, Palpa (13.21 Km), (iii) Nagtar – Heltar Sadak, Lalitpur (30.59 Km), (iv) Dumja marinkhola Kapikot Lalbandi Sadak, Sinduli, Sarlahi (58.11 Km).
- To perform alignment detailed survey and design.
- To perform socio-economic and traffic study.
- To suggest option of upgrading and design accordingly.
- To develop environmental mitigation plan to reduce environmental impacts due to the road activities.
- To prepare detailed project report of the stated road(s) based on some techno-economical approach.
- To develop project implementation plan.
Actual services provided by the firm within the assignment:
The scope of services will include, but not limited to, carrying out the following activities:
- Review existing reports standards and specification of the road sector related to assignment.
- Review and upgrade existing Report and detail design Reports previously carried out.
- Detailed engineering survey of the alignment and its corridor.
- Detail Engineering Design of alignment.
- Conduct hydrological studies for cross drainage works and purpose the suitable cross drainage structures.
- Carry out Traffic surveys and project the traffic volume for 20 years period.
- Choose economically feasible pavement type within the study corridor including design of the road detail with pavement types and DCP test.
- Identify sources of the construction materials of appropriate quality; determine the qualities of the materials permitted to be taken from different source.
- Conduct environmental and social study and prepare the respective report.
- Wherever required on technical ground, recommend for improvement on alignment.
- Prepare working drawing in Auto Card.
- Prepare cost estimate with the analysis of rates, contract packing and tender document preparation.
- Prepare Detail project report (DPR) for complete road stretches included in the package.