Funding Agency: Government of Nepal
Client:Department of Water Induced Disaster Management, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
Date: April 2017 – February 2018
DWIDM intends to prepare landslide inventory of Gorkha Earthquake affected districts. Further, DWIDM is going to undertake detail studies on landslides and to provide recommendations to the various concerned agencies. This mapping is expected to help for basic planning and programming the rehabilitation and mitigation works of the landslide affected areas.
The main objective of landslide inventory is to cover the entire area affected by an earthquake induced landslides, to locate accurately, and to map them depicting their true shapes.
The specific objectives of this study is to:
- To locate landslides in Preparation of landslides inventory of Dolakha, Ramechhap, Sindhuli, Okhaldhunga districts.
- To clarify the feature of all the landslides which occurred in the natural slope, and the collapse mechanism.
- Identify and map the settlements and infrastructure which are likely to be affected by the landslides.
- To map and prepare database of the landslide in GIS
- Provide the whole study report and data in electronic copy in CD-ROM.
- Provide executive summary, conclusion and recommendation
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
The scopes of the consulting services will include, but not limited to following:
- Carried out study, collect data and locate landslide
- Analyzed satellite imageries and extract relevant data and the conduct field work using GPS to gather detail information of landslide.
- Clarified the feature of the landslides which occurred in natural slope, and the collapse mechanism.
- Identified and mapped the settlements and infrastructure which are likely to be affected by the landslides.
- Analyze and prepare landslide inventory and hazard map.