Consulting Services for Power Transmission System Planning, Feasibility Study and Project Preparation for Major Cities of Nepal
Funding Agency: Asian Development
Client: Nepal Electricity Authority
Date: April 2022 – Dec 2023
The Project aims to cover the following major cities of Nepal:
- Kathmandu Valley (Kathmandu, Lalitpur, and Bhaktapur Districts) including the Banepa City of Kabhrepalanchowk District.
- Pokhara Valley (Kaski District)
- Biratnagar, Itahari, Dharan, Biratchowk, and adjacent Cities (in Morang, Sunsari, and Jhapa Districts)
- Janakpur and Bardibas Cities (in Danusha and Mahottary Districts)
- Hetauda, Simara, Parwanipur and Birgunj Cities (in Makawanpur, Bara and Parsa Districts)
- Butawal, Bhairahawa and Sunawal Cities (in Rupandehi and Nawalparasi Districts)
- Nepalgunj and Kohalpur Cities (in Banke District)
- All the valleys and cities listed above shall be collectively referred to hereafter in this document as “Cities or Major Cities”.
The scope of work for this consultancy service comprises the following 5 tasks
Scope of Works
- Site Visit and Preliminary Data Collection for Task 1 as per requirement to be conveyed at suitable times
- Carrying out/ Supervise the Walkover Survey/Route Alignment survey for 3 alternative routes for each proposed transmission line (overhead or underground) and preparation of corresponding survey reports
- Preparation of relevant drawings and documents in MS Word, and Auto Cad as required by WAPCOS
- Carrying out/ Supervise the Topographic Surveys of various substation locations and preparation of corresponding reports
- Carrying out/ Supervise the Geo-Technical Investigations and preparation of corresponding reports
- Supervised of Detailed Survey of various overhead transmission lines, Substations, and Underground Cable networks and preparation of corresponding reports.
- Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) of the project, preparation of corresponding ESIA reports, submission of the required copy of reports to relevant departments of NEA and the concerned other authorities, getting necessary approvals from the concerned authorities ensuring the following:
- Environmental and social impacts associated with the project are assessed and examined at the earliest planning stage possible.
- Environmental and social impacts to be investigated and examined include factors that impact the physical biological, social, and economic environments (including but not limited to air, water, soils, waste, accidents, water usage, ecosystems, biota, public health, occupational health and safety.
- Ensure the following safeguards compliance with relevant ADB safeguard policies