Detailed Engineering Survey and Design and (DPR) of Kaligandaki corridor (Gaindakot-Rampur-Pipaldanda, 130 km )
Funding Agency: Government of Nepal
Client: Ministry of Physical Infrastructure & Transport /DoR, Babarmahal Kathmanu
Date: April 2014 – Jul 2014
The Government of Nepal had given high priority in overall development of road network, covering all geographic region of the country. In this context, the main objective of this consultancy work was to carry out detailed engineering survey and design of the section of Kaligandaki Corridor (Gaidakot, Rampur and Pipaldanda) in Terai and Hills. Standard drawings were prepared which thus includes technical, economic and environmental feasibility study of stretch of 130 KM road.
- Carry out Detailed engineering survey and design of road;
- Preparation of standard drawings;
- Preparation of Cost estimates.
Overall Services provided:
Total Management Services Pvt. Ltd. as a lead partner, JV with CARD & Welink consultant Pvt. ltd. carried out necessary field works along the alignment. The firms were responsible for accuracy, interpretation and analysis of all received data and provide conclusion and recommendation of the report. Thus, the scope of work that was been carried out by firms are listed as below:
- Surveys & Investigations
- Detailed Engineering Topographic Survey Using DGPS for Control Points
- Inventory Survey
- Road Inventory Survey
- Construction Material Survey
- Geological & Geotechnical Survey
- Hydrological & Meteorological Studies
- Detailed Engineering Design of whole road section as per the highway standard
- Pavement Design based on axel load survey, DCP and CBR Test and road traffic survey
- Preparation of Contract Packages, Bill of Quantities
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) of whole road alignment & its submission.