Detailed Survey,Design,Cost Estimate,Report of Kaliksthan -Bhanjyang-Dhunge Road Project
Funding Agency: The World Bank
Client: World Bank/Rural Access Improvement And Decentralization Project/ District Development Committee
Date: March 2006 – June 2006
The Detailed Survey, Design and Cost Estimate of Kalikasthan Bhanjyang Dhunge Road Project of Rasuwa District of length 3.00 km under the guidelines of the TOR issued by DDC Rasuwa. The major tasks performed were:
(a) Survey work:
- Horizontal Alignment Survey
- Vertical Alignment Survey
- Benchmark and Reference Points establishment
- Cross Section Parameters
- Environment/ Hazard study of the existing alignment
- Inventory of Existing Structures and their status
- Hydrological survey for designing cross drains and side drains
- Geological survey for designing a safe and stable road
- Socio economic survey for cost benefit analysis
- Material / Labor survey
(b) Design and Drawing Preparation:
- Design of horizontal and vertical alignments
- Design of cross sections, cross drainage and side drainage structures
- Design of retaining structures
- Design of Pavement Materials
- Design of Bio-engineering alternatives
(c) Quantity and cost estimates preparation
- Quantity of the works to be done as well as total labor and material was calculated.
- Cost of the over all project was carried out using standard DoLIDAR Norms and district rates.
(d) Tender document and BOQ Preparation
- Bill of Quantity and Tender Documents preparation according to World Bank / RAIDP format.
Overall Services provided:
The major services provided by the firm are as follows:
(i) Detail Survey and field investigation of 3.00 km of rural road alignment.
(ii) Design and Drawing Preparation using Rajmarg II Road Design Software.
(iii) Quantity, Cost Estimate Preparation according to the norms issued by DoLIDAR.
(iv) Tender Documents, BOQ, Construction Schedule Preparation according to the format of World Bank/ RAIDP.