Project Management Information System (PMIS)- Agriculture and Food Security Project, Grant No. GAFSP/TF-013719; Contract ID: AFSP/PMU/S/QCBS-12
Funding Agency: Global Agriculture Food Security Program (GAFSP)
Client: Agriculture and Food Security Project (AFSP)
Date: Jan. 2015 – June 2015
The Project Development Objective (PDO) of AFSP is to enhance food and nutritional security of targeted communities in selected locations of Nepal. The beneficiaries of the project will be crop farmers (50000), livestock farmers (32500), women engaged in household/kitchen-garden production (35000), and households with pregnant and nursing women (45000). The key outcomes of AFSP are: increase in productivity of targeted crops, increase in yield of targeted livestock products (milk, meat and eggs) and increase in proportion of pregnant and nursing mothers and children between 6-24 months’ age adopting appropriate feeding practices.
Overall Services provided:
Total Management Services Pvt. Ltd. is responsible to provide assistance in following services:
A. Design and Develop an efficient and user friendly web based Project Management Information System (PMIS) for tracking periodic project progress, outputs, result and learning which include the following scopes:
- Make adequate understanding about project and undertake field visit of at least one district.
- Understand project M&E framework and various indicators to be monitored periodically under AFSP.
- Train all project M&E staff of district on different data collection formats and method of data collection and also on installation and operation of MIS.
- Install the tested version of PMIS software system and determine appropriate mechanism for web based MIS operation.
- MIS software operation and maintenance support up to one year after completion of assignment.
B. Design, prepare and establish Financial Management Information System (FMIS) within PMIS, which is able to gather, process, analyze and produce financial reports on periodic basis of all cost centers as per the requirement of project that includes the following scopes:
- Make adequate understanding about project and design data collection forms that can be easily understood and completed by financial management staff of PMU.
- Provide training to concerned staff of all cost centres and PMU on operation of FMIS and also maintenance support up to one year after successful completion of the job.